Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Confessions of an ex CBNer

I spent 5 years in Convent Bukit Nanas (aka CBN to Malaysians from KL).



Looking back, that was a strange school environment, where some girls like me would be dropped off and picked up by our chauffeurs in Mercedes, BMWs, Volvos etc. We had to be in the top classes, either B or U... maybe even K or T, otherwise we didn't count. We had to either excel in a sport, be a totally hot cheerleader in one of the four sport houses (Go Pauline House! Go the Blues!!) or be in a cool club like Interact. I like to think it groomed me for my neurotic or socially awkward phase.
During trips to other cities in Asia for work or holidays, I like to spend a few spare days in KL.
I see these same girls around Bangsar and Sri Hartamas- I meet up with some of them over coffee sometimes. Most of them turned into lawyers (one is a doctor) who practice in KL and they all married well.

As per other CBNers of my age, we all went through the mandatory pet sister phase. What's a pet sister, you ask? This very astute blogger writes about it here. I often wonder what I would have become if I never grew out of that phase? As juniors, we all really fancied the senior girls at the time- as role models or idols (maybe more?). This was before I had my first boyfriend from Victoria Institution.

I don't think the idea of falling in love with a woman is out of the question.
BUT I am rambling on quite a bit here.
Don't we all have our moments of ambiguous sexuality?

No comments: